Features of Node.JS
- Running the applications within the Node.JS runtime on Windows, Linux and also MAC OS X is possible without the need for any changes.
- Even though multiple threads are used for network and file events, the application can run single threaded.
- Library code packages can be shared very easily. The Node Package Manager has a collection of about 50,000 packages. Hence, a solution is packaged for you by other developers.
- Node.JS releases the data in chunks. Hence, applications do not buffer any data.
- Node platform's global objects are obtainable in all modules. They are functions, strings and objects itself. Without including them in the application, they can be put to use directly.
- Streams are objects that allow to read data from a source. Also, streams enable writing data to a destination. Readable, writeable, duplex and transform are the types of streams.
- Emitting and binding of callbacks to events is possible with eventemitter, which is a class. Event based classes and applications can be built.
- Around POSIX functions, file I/O is implemented employing simple wrappers. Every method has synchronous and asynchronous form.
Reasons for creating real-time applications using Node.JS
Likewise, there are multiple other reasons for creating cutting-edge real-time applications using Node.JS. Let us know a little more about them. Typical real-time applications like chat can be efficiently built using Node.JS. This platform is also highly suitable for games because event loop manages the multi-user requirement. The socket.IO plays a major role in the development of real-time applications. Socket.IO library offers real-time transport between the web browser and Node.JS server.